16 February 2014

Altered alarm clock

I thought I would make a start on my long list of to do projects.
So this is one ticked off my list.

I used foil car repair tape, I put it through the Big Shot in an embossing folder. ( Not sure of the name but it is the metal effect folder from The Tim Holtz alterations range.) I used Ranger Silver Mixatives to tone down the foil. Then lightly brushed over the foil with Staz-on.
I cut various cog dies to imitate the clock workings in both black and silver.
Thankfully the clock face fit perfectly in the Creative Expressions time embossing folder so I turned the original one over and embossed it. Using a mix of Distress ink (black) and silver Mixative I coloured the face. Adding the cogs to decorate it.
Putting it all back together proved to be the hard part as my once working clock is no more. It may take me a little longer to find out what I have done to stop it working.
Saying that for now I don't mind it just for decoration. If I set the hands at 9.00 it will never be too early or to late to craft...  A win win for me.....


  1. Wow, what a fabulous transformation! Love this - a lot. Anne xx

  2. Wow, it looks great. Like how you can set the time for crafting! x